May 31, 2005

Just another day

I'm not sure there's much to contribute today from an information perspective. I've haven't heard too many intriguing stories today as all the news shows I listen to were going into breaking news overload about the admission of the identity of the infamous "Deep Throat" Watergate informant. It's not that it's not important for historical purposes. I'm just not sure it needs to dominate every afternoon news break since the relevant stories came out over 30 years ago, but then again it was a slow news day.

Copycats and Cancer sticks

Why do people pick the idiotic occurrences to copy? Just days after a Florida murder suspect climbed up and made himself comfortable on a crane in Atlanta prior to the intervention of the S.W.A.T. team, Another originality challenged idiot decided to scale another crane. As far as I am aware there didn't appear to be a criminal element to this idiocy; however, the ending was rather classic. Trent Robinson apparently just needed six hours by himself to think, smoke and pull himself together; however his motivation to stay on the crane was short-lived when the cancer stick supply dried up. No idiots or concerned citizens were harmed in this exercise in stupidity and addiction.

Watchable baseball involving a team here in Houston

No I'm not actually referring to the Astros despite their recent wins in 3 of 4 games. No, June is the one month where I care to listen to the ping of the aluminum bats as its now college baseball tournament time. First up for Rice, the Northwestern State Demons. (Yes I know too many college mascots off the top of my head) The rest of the regional field involves the Marist Red Foxes (yes I looked that one up) and the LSU tigers. with a presumable battle with the overall top seed Tulane Green Wave next weekend for the winner.

Well, the forecast doesn't look go for me so I better get what sleep I can.

Song Lyric of the Day
"You turned around down the wrong damn road
But you went on just to see where you'd go
The dancing lessons are getting complicated
You tried to win but you tried too hard
Tried to run but you went too far
Gotten further if you'd sat and waited"
-- Zac Maloy

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

The fact that "Obligatory and Futile" is on your playlist is the coolest thing ever.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home