May 08, 2005

Insult to Injury: Decaffeination Day 3

I was prepared today to write a joyful rant this afternoon, but one thing got in the way. The Astros-Braves game was on. Did I expect to be able to return to caffeine consumption this afternoon? Of course not. I knew Mike Hampton against Ezequiel Astacio was a mismatch. I did, however, expect the team to be somewhat competitive. Between the tremendous power output of Ryan Langerhans and Eddie Perez and Hampton's pitching I saw the score escalate to 13-0. Demoralized but unable to turn away from the train wreck that was the Astros' performance, I witnessed the final nail in the eighth inning as Mike Hampton homered to add insult to injury.

The game is now mercifully over with a final score of 16-0. and my caffeination now relies on the Astros to when a game at Florida. I will hold out hope, but its not looking good.

On a positive note the Bowling for Soup, American Hi-Fi, Riddlin Kids, and MC Lars show last night was highly entertaining. I'll post a more complete review when the depression over baseball wears off.

Finally, on the NBA playoffs, Go Wizards! I make no secret of the fact that I don't like Miami specifically because of Shaq, but seeing as Michael Ruffin, who I went to college with at Tulsa, is on the roster for the Wizards, there's even more justification.

Song Lyric of the Day
"Waking up late
Grey Sunday morning
Got up on the wrong side
To go back to bed"
American Hi-Fi -- "The Everlasting Fall"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home