May 06, 2005

Somebody get a prism. This may be a bit incoherent.

It's a bit of a slow news day. So I will add a few music and sports notes before go on with the standard rant:
Avery Johnson may be my new favorite postgame quote in the NBA after his thinly-veiled shot at the Rockets' Jeff Van Gundy following a game 6 loss in Houston. " Maybe I need to go crazy. If I go crazy, you guys (the media types) will forget all about who won game 6."

This just in to the sports desk the Astros cannot play on the road. It's a risky proposition for me but I will offically give up caffeine until the Astros win another road game.

Musically, there are now two reasons to venture to Austin for music events. I still need to go to SXSW in March but first and foremost The Austin City Limits festival calls in September.

As far as the normal rant, well things are normal. Classes are almost over but inevitably the work keeps getting piling up. The continued waiting for "Healthy in Paranoid Times" and "My Heart and All the Good That Remains" is beginning to get on my nerves and quite frankly the silence is a bit disturbing. Oh well I'll go back to waiting for musical news and hope to God the Astros win a road game so I can caffeinate again.

Song Lyric of the Day
"This addiction contradicts
The picture in my head
But in the end
It's everything I have"
Upside -- "This Addiction"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home