May 24, 2005

Useless but entertaining stories

I'm still in New Orleans at the SPD conference. As a result, I just have a couple of quick stories that I found amusing. Apparently email communication can hamper a pro-baseball career. Just ask Carlos Zambrano of the Cubs.

And apparently, Star Wars related idiocy is not confined to this side of the Atlantic. Fluorescent bulbs, gasoline and fire are not good ingredients for a homemade lightsaber. Don't believe me, read here.

I am aware I have been passed the musical baton and therefore must respond. Well, here goes.

Total volume of music files on my computer:

Somewhere in the vicinity of 3GB

Last CD I bought:

This answer is fluctuating this week due to the quality releases today. If you are reading this early tomorrow the answer is Better than Ezra -- "Greatest Hits". If my ankle holds up and I feel like the walk to Tower, then tomorrow night it'll be either "Karma and Effect" by Seether or "Out of Exile" by Audioslave depending on which they scan last.

Song playing right now:

"Love at Your Momentum" by No Address

Five songs I play alot or are important to me.
Blue October -- "Independently Happy" : This is a reasonably personal story not worth blooging about.
Stone Temple Pilots -- "Interstate Love Song": Still one of my favorite tunes
Caroline's Spine/Jimmy Newquist -- "Wallflower": Outstanding song by a band from near my hometown. (2 versions of the same song so I have only included it once.)
The Exies --"Ugly": Therapeutic song for me and pretty much no one else
Upside --"This Addiction" : Local band (alledgedly not) from back in Tulsa

Honorable Mention:
SouthFM -- "Habit"
Endochine -- "Enough About You"
Breaking Benjamin -- "Firefly"

Five people to whom I'm passing the baton:
You've again made the incorrect assumption that I know 5 musically inclined people with blogs. I'll just leave it open to anyone who has the misfortune of reading this and has not yet answered it.

Song Lyric of the day:
"It's the shape
Of concern for second chances
But this is life
It's the class that no one aces."
--SouthFM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home