May 12, 2005

What's in a name anyway?

Having known families that have begun the debate over their kids' names years before conception, I found this story both a little odd and quite entertain. A Tucson, Arizona family has an 18 month old daughter which they still have yet to name. That of course means the child has no birth certificate, passport or any other suitable form of ID, but more than anything, it means we have the early signs of another young person who will need serious therapy. Just exactly how many or which personality are you waiting for. I can picture it now:

Therapist: So, tell me where you think your life started to go wrong.
Patient: Well, I've been scarred since childhood when my parents' decided not to name me until I was 18 moths old. It's all pretty much downhill from there.

At very least remember, the medical staff will need a name for the patient files.

In other name-related news, Jesus Christ cannot get a driver's license in West Virginia. No comments here. the story speaks for itself.

Song Lyric of the Day
You grew up way too fast,
And now there's Nothing to believe.
And reruns all become our history.
A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio.
And I won't tell no one your name.

Goo Goo Dolls -- "Name"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home