November 06, 2006

New music Tuesday readership poll

I understand it's election day and I should be focused on that, but I'm not a political commentator (consult either of these friends for quality political opinions and coverage.). We all have our niche, but mine is not that one. Instead I ask for musical advice.
Three decent musical items become available today but I am unsure which to investigate. Should I go with the guaranteed to be solid Foo Fighters Skin and Bones release which is the live recording of their recent acoustic tour. Then there's always the comedically entertaining Bowling for Soup. The Great Burrito Extortion Case sounds like a frightening title even for them but the new single "High School Never Ends" is pretty solid. Or should I go off the board and go with the experimental alternative Dallas-based Fair to Midland's national debut The Drawn and Quartered EP?

My apologies for the light-hearted topic but one more political ad and my eyes are going to bleed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I personally intend to pick up Pavement's "Wowee Zowee" 10th anniversary re-release. But that's largely because I like to pretend it's still the mid-90s.

Offhand, I would go with Fair to Midland assuming it's findable. Supporting local music is always fun, and we know how much quality music the Texas alternative scene in particular has produced in recent years. However, I acknowledge the difficulty of the decision.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks for your input Mike. Between the advice and the fact that I found it for less than $5 online FTM was the acquisition made.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home