October 27, 2006

A correction and a rant

First I must correct myself, not accounting for the return of their star reciever Aundrae Allison, I forgot to include the East Carolina Pirates as bowl contenders in C-USA but I will here. Right now the Pirates are 3-4 but with 3 plausible wins against Marshall at UCF and at Rice. They also square off on the road at "The Rock" in Hattiesburg against USM and another road test at NC State. Due to the 4 of 5 on the road scheduling, I stand by my original bowl projection.

Now to more pressing football...

As I write this (2:55 am CDT), I am nervously anticipating the first of two critical games for my alma mater the Tulsa Golden Hurricane as they will host Jordan Palmer and the UTEP Miners tonight at Skelly. I believe this game will be reasonably high scoring as both teams feature solid offenses. UTEP has shown a bit of a weakness in rush defense which could bode well for Courtney Tennial, Tarrion Adams, and Dexter Taylor, TU's trio of rotating tailbacks. The passing game will come down to turnovers. Palmer will likely end up with more yards but has a tendency to take chances and make questionable decisions. Paul Smith is efficient as a QB without any flash. If he has a typical game along with a balanced rush attack, Tulsa should be able to control the clock and likely control the game but that sounds like an official prediction which I cannot make.

Regardless, It should be more fun to watch than the Cardinals trying to finish off the Tigers and bring about the most miserable end to the baseball season imaginable.

In other news one of my concert events actually improved tonight. It was announced tonight that The Vanished will open for Blue October at Warehouse Live. As a result, the peasants rejoice.

Song Lyrics of the Day (as I wait for the rain to subside)
"For 3 weeks she sleeps
Through the rain
I've gotta try to keep her dry
Run out of way"
Blue October -- 3 Weeks She Sleeps

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Given my propensity for exceedingly accurate football predictions, you'll be pleased to hear that I am predicting UTEP to win tonight. (Note to fellow readers: to realize why this news should please Mr. Coyner so much, understand that my percentage in the NFL pick 'em pool at my office is a whopping 56, which means I have the approximate clairvoyance of a kumquat.)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home