October 18, 2006

Concert Calendar questions and a thank you from elsewhere in the blogosphere

Okay, so as usual my schedule is busy but I need to mix music in with the research and educational experience. So I have the following live shows here in town to attend and a couple more I need help deciding on.

Known Shows:
Evanescence and Revelation Theory Sunday at Verizon
Blue October at Warehouse Live November 26th

Other possibilities that require advice:
The Burden Brothers w/ Paris Green November 2nd
Deftones November 16th
Three Days Grace w/ Army of Anyone December 8th

Thoughts, opinions other recommendations welcome.

Also a thanks to the artistic member of the family, Sarah, for the new background. I got tired of the solid colors.

Tulsa Golden Hurricane, ranked 25th in the BCS, Bowl Eligibility Counter: 1 more win

Song Lyric of the Day
Could you come in to my light?
So I can see you truly
I didn't look when I had the chance
Caroline's Spine -- "Ouch"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Suggested guidelines for the remaining concerts:

3DG with Army of Anyone if it's under 25 bucks (including or not including Ticketmaster extortion fees, your call).

The other two, if it's under 10 (never been a big Deftones fan, plus we've already heard their best song covered by another better band; Burden Bros are mediocre live at best and we've seen Paris Green).

A brief scan of Pollstar reveals other shows that may be of interest (if not necessarily of accessibility) to you:

AnBerlin and Story of the Year at Scout on Halloween

30 Seconds to Mars and Cobra Starship at Verizon 11/9

The Pretenders and the Who at Toyota on 11/18 (will be way too expensive)

Murder By Death at Meridian 11/22 (know little to nothing, but my friend Billy has partied with these guys and says they're awesome)

The Format and All-American Rejects at Reliant 11/24 (alternately, Jeremy Enigk, former lead singer of Sunny Day Real Estate, at Warehouse Live)

Death Cab for Cutie and OK Go at Hobby Center on 11/30

A second brief scan of Pollstar reveals the following shows coming to Tampa that may be of interest to me:

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home