March 19, 2006

Mid-major madness continues...

Quick question: Anybody in the readership have Bradley, George Mason, and Wichita State in their sweet 16 bracket?

I had the Shockers but the Patriots and the Braves have wrecked my bracket to the point that it is resting comfortably in the recycle bin. Now, George Mason or Wichita State will have a shot at the final four. I look forward to matchups like this, though I may be in the minority of basketball fans. I know many people would prefer to see the power conference teams fight it out for a national title ahead of the little guys, but the fact that the smaller schools have a chance is what makes this 3 week stretch entertaining. If you require the major conference schools with national TV deals, check in during football season when the BCS cartel is in charge.

Meanwhile the rest of us will be entertained.

Song Lyric of the Day (As I look at the ashes of my bracket)
"I'm not gonna let this phase me
'Cause I've learned the beauty of letting go"
Socialburn-- "Cold Night"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I'm rooting for the George Mason-Bradley title game. Go Patriots!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home