February 12, 2006

Top 15 Albums of 2005

I finally have a couple of moments to piece together the list of my favorite albums of the past year. No details yet. That will happen when I have further time.

15.) Audioslave -- Out of Exile
14.) Our Lady Peace -- Healthy in Paranoid Times
13.) The White Stripes -- Get Behind Me Satan
12.) Hinder -- Extreme Behavior
11.) Theory of a Deadman -- Gasoline
10.) Wideawake -- Not So Far Away
09.) Bloc Party -- Silent Alarm
08.) SouthFM -- Swallowing the Pill
07.) Shinedown -- Us and Them
06.) Black Lab -- See the Sun
05.) No Address -- Time Doesn't Notice
04.) Ra -- Duality
03.) Seether -- Karma and Effect
02.) System of a Down -- Mezmerize/Hypnotize
01.) iSOLA -- Loud Alarms

Ok, that's all for now. More rants to come later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

That's okay. Your loyal readers are still waiting on live show comments a few posts back. (Yes, I am a smart-ass.)

Not surprised to see Bloc Party creep up there. Hate to say I told you so (alright!).

A few dissents (having not heard Ra or Black Lab, I won't move them): keeping the same 15, I would swap Bloc Party and Shinedown, move Hinder and the Stripes ahead of Theory and Wideawake, and probably drop Theory to 15 (love 'em when they slow it up, but most of their rockers don't do it for me). Not that you really care. Mostly, all seems to be in order.

A few other '05 albums I've explored with varying degrees of interest recently: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (great album, oddly infectious), My Morning Jacket (starts slow, ends strong), Sufjan Stevens (good if you like long songs with lots of choirs of choruses). Just a few recommendations re: your previous posts. When I get online, music will follow.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

The order is what it is Mike. Thanks for the comments. Bloc Party suffers a bit from limited exposure as I just acquired it two weeks ago and have not given it as many listens as I have the others.

In retrospect, I should have just listed them alphabetically given the number of schizophrenic dialogues I had before settling on an order.

As far as Theory specifically I'll borrow a radio show quote... "If we agree on everything then one of us [most likely me] is expendable."

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home