January 30, 2006

Sleeplessness and a work in progress

I can't sleep. My spine and my mental/emotional state won't let me. In attempting to settle down, I composed an early draft of "Coalescence." I apologize in advance if it seems awful. Feel free to rip it to shreds and suggest better things for me to do with my time.

Coalescence

Listening for rain to fall
A chance for things to grow
The world outside together
Creates the beauty that I know
Through the glass I see the progress
Of the harmonies at play
Creating the light and warmth
Of each and every day

Sealed in from the outside
The window’s just a piece of art
For those of us to look upon
With fragments of a heart
Without the strength to fight back
I’m a target statue still
For the spirits and animals
To mock from on the sill

This pain I must overcome
My heart must coalesce
I’ll struggle but I will not fail
The dear Lord’s brutal test
6 weeks until Foiled (and yes apparently the cover changed again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home