March 07, 2006

Lord... Please give us the strength to not get blown out by 30 in the first round

In a brief moment of insanity, I would like to congratulate Oral Roberts University on winning the Mid-Continent Conference basketball tournament last night and collecting their first NCAA tourney bid since 1984. Normally at 21-11 and Mid-Con champ would be looking at a 15 seed so ORU's post season may be short and quite graphic but it's better than their cross-town rivals (and my alma mater) have to look forward to this year.

Song Lyric of the Day
"With the stars to see me
Liberation lifts the shell that's on me
In a newborn image
I'm the only one who sees"
Faktion -- "Control"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Does anyone else think Oral Roberts is a really funny name? It sounds like it would have been Julia's nickname on the set of "Pretty Woman" or something...

(I apologize for that one -- I usually like to comment on friends' posts, but I couldn't think of anything remotely relevant to say. Hence the lame and utterly inappropriate joke. I'll go away now.)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home