February 18, 2006

Oh what lovely weather outside...

It's cold and rainy and the cold front has made it necessary to medicate significantly. In place of some coherent commentary, I will merely post my latest artistic effort called "Clarity". As usual criticism is appreciated.

“Clarity”

Am I asking too much?
All I want is the time
To find my own directions
To a better place in time
But the fog just isn’t clearing
Could you please show me a sign?
The fluorescent glow of clarity
To torch the ties that bind

I’m blind to the clearing sky
That everyone can see
My vision warped by broken mirrors
Distort the path to clarity

Guided by the spirits
Through the clouds of scattered light
Senses fail to grasp to the meaning
Of the stillness of the night
The more I live my life I find
The more distant I seem
Wandering aimlessly
Through a brilliant waking dream


The lights are on around me
But still I cannot see
Tripping over roadblocks
On the path to clarity

Can you see me?
Because I can’t see myself
Why am I a ghost to me
But alive to someone else
Please guide me through this dream
That’s all I ask of you
But I’m at loss for words
And I’m not sure what to do

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Nice. I particularly like the last lines of the second verse.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home