March 02, 2006

Insomnia and a warped mind is never good

As a begin this, it's 3:47 am and I can't sleep. So as I sit here on the computer listening to news both from here in Houston and back home in Tulsa. Again I find evidence that both locations are qualified for most backward political city nominations.

Whether it be councilors whose staff members received thousands of dollars in unauthorized bonuses as has been alleged in the case of Councilor Carol Alvarado here in Houston, or the case of Tulsa mayoral candidate Kathy Taylor's various issues.

Welcome to another long election year of creative and disturbing stories.

Alas, this is a normal day for me as class work has me scrambling. So my happy reviews of Blue October at Galveston Mardi Gras or Wideawake at Fitzgerald's will have to wait for a more functionally caffeinated time.

Song Lyric of the Day
"Under the surface
We're all the same
Searching for purpose
Running from shame"
Wideawake -- "Misunderstood"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Interesting that Kathy Taylor managed to vote twice in an election without living in 1960 Chicago. I didn't know it was possible.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home