March 16, 2006

NCAA Tourney review: The "Shut up Big East homers!" edition

For three days since the announcement of the field, all I have heard from sports commentator types is how Cincinnati got left out and the Big East deserved 9 teams. Well, 3 Big East teams play... and three Big East teams lose. Syracuse, after a meteoric rise from bubble team to 5 seed, came up against an underrated 12-seed in Texas A&M and Acie Law stepped up to drop the Orange. Most of the criticism of the committee after teams from larger conferences were left for the NIT focused on the Missouri Valley getting 4 teams. The Valley's initial response 5 words 2 numbers: Wichita State 86 Seton Hall 66... scoreboard.

Yes I know my Sooners lost. I picked them to lose because I didn't like the matchup against a team that presses constantly.

And finally... Adam Morrison is a sick basketball player and I must extend personal thanks to him for personally keeping my bracket viable.

Song Lyric of the Day
"Hope it dangles on a string
Like slow-spinning redemption..."
Dashboard Confessional

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

And thanks for getting that particular story-of-my-life song stuck in my head.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home