April 06, 2006

Strike a match, pour gasoline

I'm still pondering the suggestions for the namesake of the gas can of the day. I'm leaning toward the Kim award but the other suggestions are certainly still being considered (though living in Houston and giving out the Brad Lidge award to the most spectacular relief failure of the day could be fatal).

With that said the winners from the last two days are:

Tuesday-- Scott Procter of the Yankees (Rule #2: Unless there is a clear leader for the award, Yankee candidate will be preference due to my complete disdain for the team)

Wednesday-- Jorge Julio of the Mets. Coming in in the 10th inning and giving up 5 runs (admittedly 3 were unearned) while recording only two outs generally assures victory for this award.

Song Lyric of the Day
Since I used part of the song in the title of this post in the last song of the day, I will defer to another recent addition to my music library.

"Under the surface, we're all the same
Searching for purpose, running from shame"
Wideawake -- Misunderstood

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I was going to comment on your repeated use of "She's My Ride Home", but you did it yourself. So thanks to that, I have nothing to add, other than that the song really is perfect for when the Gas Can is awarded.

Incidentally, a thought just occurred to me: instead of naming it after a relievers, couldn't it be like the Exxon Gas Can of the Day Award? Then maybe you could seek corporate sponsorship. Which would just be hilarious.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Nominees for Thursday: Washington's Joey Eischen (3 runs, 4 outs, put the game out of reach for the Nats), Pittsburgh's Mike Gonzales (gave up game-winning HR in 8th).

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home