April 08, 2006

Gas can awards for Thursday and Friday

Initially there was not going to be a gas can for Thursday since I didn't watch baseball due to participation in musical events. Thankfully, often insightful contributor Jeff did my job for me and supplied nominees. So to catch up on Thursday the nominees were: Joey Eischen of the Nationals and Mike Gonzales of the Pirates. On the strength of giving up the game-losing home run, Gonzales gets the nod.

Nats fan don't worry your squad is represented with Friday's winner. I didn't need nominees for today, I saw an award-winning performance in the Astros-Nats game of almost hall of shame quality. The Nats Jason Bergmann came in with the Nats trailing 2-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Six batters and no outs later the anemic Astros offense had opened a 6-1 lead.

Bergmann's numbers: 0.0 IP 3 hits, 4 runs all earned, 2 HR, 2 walks, and hit a batter.

I hope to have my reviews of People in Planes As Far as the Eye Can See and Evans Blue Melody and Energetic Nature of Volume this week however, this may require reminders from any of you that care.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Saturday's nominees: Chad Qualls, Cliff Pollitte.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I think Cabrera for the O's should get at least some recognition for his ridiculously shitty performance. Starter though he may be, what was it, 6 walks in the first inning? Perhaps an honorary Kindling Award or something.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

How about the Pinto Award (doesn't start well)?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

The pinto award sounds like a good idea. Someone else will have to give that one out though. I have enough trouble keeping up with one sarcastic award.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home