June 12, 2005

Music free weekend post

There are lots of things to discuss today so I'll get right to the list.

Rice apparently had a flat tire on the way to Omaha and the College World Series as Micah Owings shut the Owls out on 3 hits. A win or go home game 3 starts at noon tomorrow. Speaking of shutouts, Roy Oswalt dominated the Blue Jays 3-0 in under 2 hours this afternoon pushing the Astros winning streak to 5.

I saw a number of ridiculous stories yesterday which I thought would add some humor to this rant. First, Red Sox fans take the fandom one step too far with a complete Red Sox wedding From the Tyson insanity file, first you lose to a hand-picked tomato can opponent, then you decide that you want to be a missionary. Yes, I guess I should allow for the possibility that he could reform himself and be a positive influence but pardon my skepticism.

Game 2 of the NBA finals: Spurs 97 Pistons 76. Go Spurs Go! Spurs in 5

Song lyric of the day:
"I'm psychotic from the caffeine
And the cough syrup
Bubbling through my veins"
-- Five Dollar Friend

(Not at all relevant to this post but pretty much describes my state of mind right now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home