May 02, 2006

Due to the end of the semester...

I have been pathetically lax in blogging . This will be a bit disjointed but I have a lot of debris to address.

First off, I apologize for the lack of gas cans. Regular awarding will continue tomorrow.

Happy Pearl Jam Day everybody. Both Pearl Jam and Tool's 10,000 Days have been added to the music I listen to so you don't need to. Whenever I get back to reviewing anything this will matter.

In NFL draft news, I knew somehow the Texans would find a way to further irritate the fans. While I'm still willing to give him a chance, convincing football fans in this town that Mario Williams is better than either hometown hero Vince Young or the highlight prone Reggie Bush will take a lot of convincing.

Song lyric of the day #1 (long distance dedication to Reggie Bush)
"So set him up
Let him fall
Turn him over in your hands
God save the King of New Orleans"
Better Than Ezra -- King of New Orleans

As for final music comments, I would like the thank Mike for the intro to Pandora. Now I'm most definitely in further trouble. For those fans of relatively unknown bands from Texas and/or Oklahoma here's a couple who have recently updated or added new material:
Five Dollar Friend
MWK
Alpha Rev
Please check them out.

Song Lyric #2
"I'll get home
But I don't know how
I'm obsessed with the memories
That I cannot change now"
Five Dollar Friend-- "Dancehall"

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

In my continual efforts to be an annoyance to you specifically, I must also demand a posting of your draft-related iSOLA parody.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

And also, I neglected to add that that Better Than Ezra quote cracked me up. And 7 o'clock (when Pearl Jam will be officially in my hand) can't possibly come soon enough.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home