April 24, 2006

Gas cans recap again

Again my schedule is not being of aid with regard to me posting nightly gas cans. So here's the recap.

Wednesday -- Francisco Cordero of the Rangers
Thursday -- Scott Linebrink of the Padres (Julio Franco homered and you lost the game)
Friday -- Armando Benitez of the Giants. I know Tim Worrell has the stat line to qualify but the two runs charged to him that mattered came with Benitez on the hill and needing only one out to close the deal.
Saturday -- On a night with few candidates will refer you to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Chad Orvella, I know it's one run but it's one run on bad night for candidate.

Saturday side note: Jose Mesa, please feel free to bury the hatchet. I know Omar Vizquel wrote a book and accused you of choking in the W0rld Series with the Indians, which by the way you did, but it is perfectly acceptable to conduct an Omar Vizquel at-bat without hitting him. Since you can't move on I hope you are happy with start a 2-game bean ball war which will result in numerous suspensions.

Sunday -- Gary Majewski of the Nats: Wilson Betemit hits one out of pitcher friendly RFK. I'm sure the post-game discussion with Frank Robinson was enlightening for Majewski

Song Lyric of the day (long distance dedication to Jose Mesa)
"I'm not gonna let this phase me
'Cause I've learned the beauty of letting go"
Socialburn -- Cold Night

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

For Monday, the co-winners should be Matt Herges and Josh Johnson of the Florida Marlins, a team which, until the entrance of said relievers, had the game well in hand.

Though giving up a grand slam to Nomar should qualify a certain someone, too. Given that there was really no fire to throw the gas on before said someone entered the game. Then again, the same argument holds for Herges and Johnson. Your call. I'll shut up now.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Can we just give the gas-can award for the entire year to the Nats' bullpen? Because, damn.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home