October 07, 2008

Fried twinkies and fried coke balls for everybody....

Well it's that week again. The week each year when your college football addicted turtle shifts his focus to the state fair of Texas. Yes it's time for the annual Red River Shootout. Thankfully this year neither team fell victim to the look ahead trap so the two are both undefeated and still relevant in the college football title picture. I'm hoping for a great game and a Sooner victory of course.

Over the rest of the week I'll talk about the matchup as well as look to other games of import to me this week but I mainly wanted to break my disturbing blog hiatus.

Song lyric of the day
I've been inside my shell
I just came out to wish you well
And if I just explode
Would anybody notice me?

Radford -- Long Way Down

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I'm going to assume "coke balls" refers to some bizarre way of consuming Coca Cola rather than an illicit drug, in which case, I've lost interest.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I have consumed fried coke ('a cola) at the Texas State Fair before. Along with Fried Oreos, Fried Chocalate Covered Strawberries, and Fried Cookie Dough.

Also the turkey legs.

'twas a great game. I was there for it. At least...in its vicinity. Texas won. Not that you don't know this, but I figured I'd say it anyway while I recover from a week-long grease-induced coma.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I still want to try fried bacon. It just sounds like bliss in food form.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home