September 11, 2007

Six

Six
By Aaron J Coyner

Six days, six weeks, six months, six years
Another day of looking back
We remember carnage, panic, fears
And the ways that we react
In a moment of reflection
I ask when we look back
Why did we lose the unity?
And can we stay on track?

Five hours, five minutes, five seconds,
Is that all the time we can allot?
Too caught up in our daily lives
Or is it time we just forgot?
For those who witnessed tragedysix years ago this day
We offer all our sympathies
And for your peace we pray

Four buildings damaged in a day
But the effects continue on
Security and threat levels
Alarms from dusk to dawn
We send our bravest into battle
On fronts in hostile lands
To keep us safe in our quiet homes
They battle in the sands

Three planes, three disasters
Three countries forever changed
Afghanistan, Iraq and here
Will never be the same
But was it all worth it?
I know I still believe
Though I hear echoes through the static
As the media deceives

Two fronts of constant battle
In an unending war
And two faction battling here at home
Over what we’re fighting for
I wish that the division
Was just a sick little dream
Because I’m tired of hearing
The divisive little screams

One voice, one sense of unity
To support those in harm’s way
This is what I pray for
Each and every single day
And I wish you all would join
To add an echo to the call
To put an end to all the bitterness
And save us from a fall

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, seriously. Remember coming together (not just the country, but the world) in the aftermath? With a different administration and a different federal agenda, we may have been able to hold onto that. But alas.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Must...have...ACL...review...

7:40 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

You know. I don't even have to say. 'Cause you know. Oh yes. You know. So what are you gonna do about it?

7:02 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Just so you know, changing backgrounds doesn't count...

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you reviewed my band. Could you email me?

girlsingold@gmail.com

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one ... you're a very talented person ... one day you'll see it my way! :)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home