July 05, 2006

A memo to any Houston visitors listening to the news this morning...

We're not all vindictive psychos and conspiracy loons. If like me you were tuned to our local news/talk programs today you'd think differently. It all starts here, but that's where the sanity parts ways with the reaction. I listened to about 10 callers this morning. 3 of them said nothing less than Ken Lay faked his own heart attack and is now free and out of the country. 3 or 4 were convinced the heart attack was a cover story, and the others... their reactions ranges from utter contempt to downright celebration.

Let us remember, regardless of his involvement in the scandal, a man is dead. Can the news pirahnas and reactionary callers at least let him achieve room temperature before treating his death as either a momentous occasion on par with terrorist capture or twisting it into one final betrayal of the Enron stockholders. Mr. Lay will get his judgement by higher authorities and though I know some of these individuals would not have been happy without playing executioner, we should at least give the family and friends some time before turning every show into the "Let's pile further condenmation on Ken Lay's memory show".

Those of you that know me know I wasn't a supporter of his. I thought his actions (or inaction in some cases) was reprehensible but in the interest of civility just relax.

Song Lyric of the day for the delusional celebrating Houstonians (since I don't have a good counterexample)
"I feel so much better
Now that you're gone forever
Tell myself that I don't miss you at all
I'm not lying, denying
That I feel so much better now
That you're gone forever"
Three Days Grace -- "Gone Forever"

Today's song lyrics contains a hint to my next post which should be up prior to the start of football season given my punctuality with this blog posting thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home