May 19, 2006

Believer

"Believer"
The twisted truth much like the snake
Clouds the judgments that you make.
A tangled web of half truths
Which scorch Earth for preaching sake.
Only within your circle can anyone relate.
Twisting teachings based on love
and turning them to hate

But you are the true believer
If only in your eyes
The tolerance of others
Just blasphemy and lies
And with your twisted bible
You march against the men
Who protect your right to echo
Your corrupt battle hymn

But why should I believe you?
What have you done in the end?
Taking ages to forgive the fallen
You were so quick to condemn
You taken the words I know
And warped them to deceive
Turning thoughts once held true
To words I cant believe

While you wish them harm, I bow and pray
Their families will find peace this day
In life they were all soldiers strong
So you attack their families when theyre gone
To further preach your hate
Mocking those of virtue
Whove found untimely fate

But do you even believe
The twisted truth you speak
Its not among the answers
That I would choose to seek
Unlike you I shall not judge
For it is not my place
But I hope that you will come to see
Your level of disgrace

But since you walk with devils
I have no choice but assume
That you truly are an echo
Of all this doom and gloom
And as it is I must move on
And leave you where you stand
To join the believers
with respect for their fellow man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

On a related note, you might enjoy this (completely un-PhotoShopped) image of when Fred Phelps came to Vandy.

Also, the new blog posts flow like molasses around here.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

And (dumbass that I am) here's the actual link.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home