June 05, 2006

Regionals are over and the owls are still alive

Baylor fought valiantly but they were unable to hold a 3-0 lead in the third inning and fell 7-4 as Rice swept its home regional. Meanwhile the Oklahoma Sooners battled back again Wichita State to clinch the Norman regional 7-6. Yes, this would set up an interesting situation for me, if it were any sport but baseball. Normally, due to my growing up in Norman and most of my family attending OU, I would root for them wholeheartedly. However, since it is baseball, the only sport Rice is good at, and to be honest very few sooner fans follow the baseball team, I shall root for Rice from the comfort of my desk.

More baseball chat later in the week.

Tomorrow: Music reviews return... allegedly

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

As a random question, how in the everloving hell does a school the size and scope of Rice actually have such a good baseball team? Honestly.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home