August 24, 2005

8 days and counting...

Wow, I'm disappointed in myself I have not mixed in a single sports post in over a week. Admittedly, this will not be one of my more enlightened sports posts. As a graduate of the University of Tulsa, I have a mere 8 days of preparation for the college football season. I am hopeful that both Tulsa and Rice (where I presently attend) will have positive results now that they have moved to Conference USA. I was pleased to read that the alma mater has given the starting quarterback job to Paul Smith who I've seen play a number of times when I was still residing in Broken Arrow. I am hopeful that Tulsa's offense will be more productive early in the season than they were last year, but the non-conference schedule will not be an appropriate judge of the improvement of the team with games against Minnesota in Tulsa and a trip to Norman to face Oklahoma. Though I do not foresee a Conference USA title this season, I would expect improvement and a winning season.

Being born and raised in Norman, Oklahoma, I cannot have a college football post without discussing the Sooners. Unfortunately, it appears that they have lost a key member of the defensive line. However, I'm still certain that the Sooners led by Adrian Peterson should have a great season.

I'm sure I'll mix in some seriousness later, but there is a well-defined limit to the number of serious posts allowed on this page. (usually 2-3 a month)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home