August 15, 2005

Musical Recommendations Part 1

Of late I've been listening to quite a bit of new music which I will review in full later but for now taking the lead from Mike, (be warned rational ideas may be ahead as the idea didn't come from me) I offer a couple of entertaining recommendations.

From Under the Cork Tree by Fall Out Boy

For those of you who enjoy music with deep subject matter and thought-provoking lyrics, I can only say this album may not be for you. If you enjoy music which can be humorous by being simple and yes at times juvenile, I would recommend this album. From the somewhat self-depricating slap and "flavor of the month" pop-punk band in "Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of this Song..." to the more melodic "(Summer Song)"-- much longer title omitted for brevity-- about the perils of comparing yourself with other constantly. Other quality tunes include: "Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year," "7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen)","A Little Less Sixteen Candles...", and of course the infective radio single "Sugar, We're Goin' Down." Overall. ...Cork Tree is a quality dose of entertaining pop-punk as long as you don't read too much into it.

7/10

Tomorrow I'll have of review of Ra's sophomore effort Duality but for today's song lyric I'll leave a preview.

Counters:
15 days until Healthy in Paranoid Times
61 days until Blue October live at Meridian

Song Lyrics of the Day:
"I feel as if I'm floating
Not aware or in control of what I am
God bless me
Take me out of this existence
End my role as the sacrificial lamb
Life is hard
But so is everything
Give my regards to a man who cares
If I succeedI will save my fellow man
And if I fail
I'll just stand and stare"

Ra- 'Superman'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home