August 08, 2005

Back in Houston

After a very positive and refreshing break I have now returned back home to resume normal work. Based on the news stories of the day, I have just a couple of comments. Rest in peace Peter Jennings. When I watch network newscasts, it was usually the ABC version so I had grown accustomed to Peter Jennings' delivery of the news. Though I often disagreed with his political viewpoints when interjected, I felt that he did a good job of presenting the stories in a way that I could understand and form a coherent opinion about them. He will be missed.

God speed to the crew of Discovery on their return and the successful completion of their mission tomorrow.

Lastly, After a week in which I didn't have the ability to award the Gas Can of the Day, I am somewhat dismayed to award today's version to Chris Reitsma of the Atlanta Braves. Giving up a grand slam walk off will gain you the award everytime. Giving up said slam to David Eckstein of all people puts you a step closer to the Gas Can Hall of Shame.

Counters:
22 days until Healthy in Paranoid Times
64 days until Foiled

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home