August 01, 2005

Let the steroid controversy begin anew

Congratulations to Major League Baseball for catching another steroid user. Unfortunately, in the case of Rafael Palmeiro, this time it has to be a guy whose career I liked because he never tried to upstage anyone or put personal accomplishment ahead of team goals (unlike a certain Oriole teammate and former Tulsa Driller whom I will refer to as "Corky" for the purposes of this rant). With Palmeiro's 3000th hit acouple of weeks back, I was very solidly in the camp of supporter for his Hall of Fame bid, but now , though I believe he should still get in , I find my support wavering. If it was an accident, as Palmeiro stated, it was just horrid timing, but the deeper issue still troubles me. I am a baseball fan, and I want to be able to look at a game and genuinely root for guys because they are giving fair effort at a game that I and many others would love to play if we had the ability. One more thing , just as a note to MLB, it may be a good idea to test "Corky" next time you're in Baltimore.

Counters:
'..Paranoid Times' in 29 days
'Foiled' in 71 days
Gas Cans:
Saturday: Giovanni Carrarra of the Dodgers
Sunday: Russ Springer of the Astros

Song Lyric of the Day
"It's okay.
They say it's natural
Popping pills everyday for self-control
To stay alive"
Endochine -"Enough About You"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

My thoughts exactly on Raffy. As an O's fan I was heartbroken, and I want to believe him, but I just don't. And yes, test "Corky", please.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home