July 01, 2005

So the battle begins...

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor has decided to retire from the Supreme Court. I am hopeful that the nomination and conformation process goes smoothly but we all know the way that conformations involving judges have gone so well of late. Just as a simple question I would ask that the appointed replacement for Justice O'Connor has a great respect for the rights of the individual citizens.

Song Lyric of the Day
"As I ask a simple question
Cuts me off with his reply
He's been practicing for decades
And now he thinks I have the time"

8stops7 -- 'Question Everything'

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I'm not sure how many justices on the short list of nominees have great respect for the rights of individual citizens. Ironically, moderates such as O'Connor seem to have the greatest amount of such respect sometimes. It's a loss for the Court, for sure.

Incidentally, me and Jeff may be the only other two people on the planet who have heard the song you quote today.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home