July 03, 2005

Gasoline at the ready

At the suggestion of a couple of friends (most notably Mike) I have decided to publish my newly created baseball award. This award is design to point out the relief pitcher who failed most spectacularly to "put out the fire" of a crucial in game situation. Many of these perform often serve to escalate the disaster and have thus been termed by numerous sports show as 'gas cans.' Thus today I unveil the first winner of the 'Gas Can of the Day' award.

From the Houston Astros, Mr. Chad Harville

What did Harville do to earn the award? With the Astros trailing 7-6 in the 8th inning of game 2 of their doubleheader at Cincinnati, He proceeded to give 4 earned runs on 3 hits and a HBP to eliminate all thoughts of a 9th inning rally. Congratulations. If I actually had one, you'd be receiving a pewter plated gasoline can (Hey I'm a student. Gold or Silver plating is too much for me.)

Anyway for those reading the blog, if your team has a candidate for an upcoming edition of the award, drop a comment and he will be taken into consideration.

Song Lyric of the day

I'll tell you now you can't win this
You're way too slow
I'll tell you I'm gonna take this
Did you come here to watch me burn?
Three Days Grace --'Burn'

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Let me also extend my congratulations to Mr. Harville.

I fully expected "Gasoline" by Seether to be today's song lyric, but I guess there's no line from it you can take that wouldn't sound extremely creepy.

Incidentally, since when did I become notable?

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home