October 24, 2005

What started as a good weekend keeps getting worse as I get into this week

Yes, this is my typical weekend in review post and as usual I'm lazy so it's Tuesday already.

Musical Enjoyment
As my friend, and noted musical expert, Mike mentioned and subsequently reviewed, Saturday was spent at Buzzfest XVI. Mike pretty much covered everything, but I would like to make a personal plea to the band 10 Years. Don't ever play a set that does not include "Seasons to Cycles" or "Through the Iris" again. Those two and the radio hit "Wasteland" are the reasons I don't regret spending the $6 on the album. Kudos to the Buzz crew for being surprising well organized given the abrupt change of venue 2 days prior to the show. Everything else is pretty much covered by Mike's post.

World Series Games 1 and 2
As much as I was hoping for the Astros to get off to a quick start, It was not to be as they are now in an 0-2 hole. Game 1 didn't surprise me given the fact that Roger Clemens left after 2 innings and was replaced by the always frightening, for Astro fans, Wandy Rodriguez. Game 2, however, I thought the Astros had on 2 occasions. Up 4-2 in the 7th, the usually reliable tandem of Dan Wheeler and Chad Qualls forgot how to pitch and teamed up to give up 4 runs on a Konerko grand slam. Then after a 9th inning rally to tie the game at 6, ex-Driller, Scott Podsednik decided to play hero off of Brad Lidge. Today's lyric of the day covers how I feel about these two games now. It's on to Roy Oswalt and game 3 ...

Football
The Texans still suck, but Dom Capers somehow is still employed. The Rice Owls have continued flying below the radar in the quest for "antiperfection" continued with a 41-9 loss to the Naval Academy. The Tulsa Golden Hurricane bowl eligibility watch is at one game following a 20-13 win against SMU. All things are good along the schedule for the Hurricane. Next stop a date in El Paso with UTEP which will have significant implications on the C-USA West race.

The BCS has decided that the Texas Longhorns are #1. Oh great the team I dislike most in all of football is now leading the pack. OU survived a scare against Baylor, yes I said Baylor. but everything is still progressing.

Thanks for reading
/rant

Song Lyric of the Day
"I'm not gonna let this phase me
'Cause I've learned the beauty of letting go"
Socialburn -- "Cold Night"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I know man. Texas? WTF? When I know that even you (if not Albert) are on the side of USC in this case, that's not a good sign.

You will send me that Socialburn song at some point.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home