September 28, 2005

A New Beginning

Shame on me for not blogging in more than a week. Things have been a bit strange.

Last week featured a 27-hour car trip for my stepfather and sister (19 of which I was party to as I was removed from the projected path of Rita). I spent the weekend in Broken Arrow monitoring the weather and watching the storm turn to the east. Saturday night, I may a return trip to Skelly Stadium, sight of a number of embarrassments in my undergrad days at Tulsa, to partake of homecoming and the beginning of the Conference USA era for the University of Tulsa. I knew that TU's team had improved since last I stepped into Skelly ( a 20-0 win over UTEP which was the only win we had my senior year), but the team had been shown to have a swiss cheese rush defense in early season losses to Minnesota and Oklahoma. The opponent Saturday was Memphis and C-USA player of the year candidate De'Angelo Williams. The game went back and forth, but thanks to a overtime catch by Garrett Mills and a rare stop of Williams for less than 8 yards, TU hung on 37-31. C-USA looks like a good fit for the Golden Hurricane. Let us hope this continues.

Today's post titled thanks to Endochine. (This will begin a series of posts named for song titles)

Tomorrow: Disconnected (Out of Touch) : The Harris Poll, the BCS, and the College Football Fan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home