October 21, 2005

And from the dark room I scream...

It’s cold and dark inside here
But I don’t care because
I know that I can see
Regardless of what I do
I remain less than the picture
And can’t measure up to you

There are broken thoughts inside me
Shattered thoughts you helped create
It may not have been your intention
But alas, it is your fate
Trust me I know my place
And I know you mean well
But every time you act
Drives me further into Hell

And from my dark room I scream…

Let me go. Please let me fall
It’s not worth you concern
Let me descend into the fire
Let me relax and burn


Break the lights
So no one sees
This hideous disfigured me
I’m sorry for the rest of you
That chose to follow him.
Turn back now and let
Our feud come to an end.

You could say it in person
Pretend everything is fine
But plot a string of daggers
To shred me with a single line
There’s wisdom in your thought
And truth within your plea
With that I have no issue
With your method I disagree

And from my dark room I scream…

Please don’t return my call
As shards of broken mirrors fall
Distance yourself as best you can
I know I’m far from the intended plan
As it is I’m trying
I’m flailing. Holding on
Throw the rope down to me
Before I’m forever gone.


You’re right. It’s time to change
My life is incomplete
I know you only want to help
To pull me from the briny deep
So send the medication
But the coins I do not need
If I actually succeed with this
It has to be for me.

And in the brightened hall I cry…

Let go and please don’t chase me
For I must find my way
Messages will find you
When I reach the sunlit day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home