July 07, 2005

A departure from my normal posts

Given the events of the morning, I would like to send my condolences to those in London who endured the terrorist bombings. I know I don't do this for every news story but I felt this was warranted.

On my normal topics, Congratulations to Kameron Loe of the Rangers winner of today's gas can award.

"Paranoid Times" countdown: 54 days
"Astros Race to Mediocrity": 1 game

(rant)
And one quick baseball note/venting, Jimmy Rollins of the Phillies was selected to replace Cesar Izturis on the NL All-Star team as it appears Tony LaRussa has made it a priority to have three shortstops rather than selecting the most productive available. If the American League doesn't need 3 shortstops on their team you don't either.

Morgan Ensberg deserved that spot much more than Jimmy Rollins!
-- Bitter Astro Fan



Song Lyric of the day
"A new song's like a new religion
Music for the television
Someone do the long division
I can't do the math"
Jason Mraz -- 'Wordplay'
(dedicated to Tony LaRussa for not looking at the numbers when selecting an all-star replacement)

(\rant)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home