December 13, 2005

Another Cautionary Tale

Here's another of my attempts at song lyrics. Please feel free to comment.

Collapsible Me
Lyrics by AJ Coyner

I do the same things every time
Hoping one day I’ll make it through fine.
I need to find strength
But I’m unsure where to look
It’s not in the cabinet or a chemistry book
Although there are things I’d like to see
I can’t be trusted so don’t count on me
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. That’s all I say
Regardless of effort,
Same results different day

‘Cause I’m lost…
Crumpled…
Hiding from view
Struggling to find ways
To just make it through
Please don’t look
There’s nothing to see
I’m off in a corner
Collapsible me

A cold day has dawned
I’ll give this one more try
Will it be different or
Am I living a lie?
I need a new plan
Unsure where to begin
The candy dish of answers
Is empty again
So I’ll try and make it
On the strength of my friends
The clock is ticking down
To an early end.

I’m cold…
And fading…
Crumpled by a fan
Cowering in the corner
A shell of a man
Is this crumpled figure
What I’m destined to be?
Or can I reverse
This collapsible me?

Please help me reverse
This collapsible me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home